Sunday, November 16, 2014

France > USA > Spain

In another important metric: that being "the relative intrinsic beauty of the Catholic Mass". 

Leaving aside the very legitimate question of whether this should be a metric at all, I can say that with only the most basic ability to understand French, the poetry of the prayers, songs, readings & gospel are both soothing and inspiring. The staging, vestments, lighting and music are elegant and flawless. 

Masses in the USA have elements of all this but without the . . . I don't know. . .flow I guess.

In Spain the Masses that I went to all were wonderful to be sure, but they all had an element of chaos to them. Strangely. It was kind of like they hadn't done it before.

On my sister's great advice, I went to Mass at the gorgeous St. Andre Cathedral. It was just too dark for pics. Plus I would have felt very awkward taking photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment