Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nose news is bad news

I'm a huge skeptic on most pharmaceuticals, (OTC, prescription and alternative). There have been two exceptions to this rule for me - Tylenol 3 and Zycam. Tylenol 3 without question relieves pain. Zycam, in my mind benefited from its modest (and unprovable) claim; it shortens the common cold.

As someone who used to catch a lot of colds, I've used it a dozen or so times though the years off and on. I thought it worked. I guess it still might but with a big side effect. It potentially kills off the sense of smell. It's not worth missing out on the bouquet of a nicely aired out Bordeaux.

3 comments:

  1. Although you may in fact think those products are $%#@ or you may be referring to avoiding or relief from septic (strep) throat, I think you are a skeptic…
    I might as well be the first and hopefully the most understanding of the “skewer schmuck” who dares give an opinion or comment with a typo. Some of the most insightful comments pre-TARP were lambasted by enlightened idiots of left persuasion because the Rhodes Scholar economist transposed a letter of two.
    Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I see a couple of the same mistakes in my own response. Pathetic.

    ReplyDelete