Thursday, October 16, 2014

Impure thoughts / appropriate actions

Part of the camino experience is to walk the whole way, though I know many are not absolutists. I had discussed with Tricia before I left that I wouldn't foolishly hold myself to a standard that would blow my timetable. Today, the informal group that I was with reached Lazema at around 2:40P. No accomodations in sight  untold Bilboa.

While Bilboa was only about 8 kms away, the journey entailed a 400 meter climb and equal decent on a wet unsaved  path. Unlikely we'd be able to do that before sunset. The only option was the bus.

We took the bus. I'm not going to rethink that decision. Here's the famous Bilboa museum. Just as we rolled into town 


2 comments:

  1. I want to see that museum, I think it is on our next student trip itinerary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To my mind a little Frank Gehry goes a long way, but this one realy works. He did the Wiseman on the U of M campus. His design for the Eisenhower memorial in DC is hugely controversial and just outright appalling.

      Delete